Tuesday, August 23, 2011

You are about 16 inches long

I have a mix of feelings these days. A mix of happiness and anxiousness. And both because of the time that is left before your arrival :)

The newsletter tells me you are about 16 inches long and weight about 3.3 pounds. It also told me that you are heading into a growth spurt and you can turn your head from side to side. Your  arms, legs, and body are beginning to plump out as needed fat accumulates underneath your skin. It also told me that you are probably moving a lot, too, so I may have trouble sleeping because of the kicks and somersaults. I would like to change the word "probably" to "definitely". I don't think you sleep for more than 8-9 hours in the whole day. Will you be like that once you are out too? If yes, I just shudder at the thought.

There are times when you kind of wedge yourself between my ribs/spine and front of my tummy and push hard. God!! It hurts so much then. And there are times when I feel you are trying to stretch to the max and your legs and arms poke at both the sides making me wince. All said and done, it also gives me the comfort that you are fine. :)

We bought some clothes for you this weekend. Some dresses, some nappies and a sweater for winters. Since it will start getting colder when you arrive, we have to buy full sleeved stuff for you. And it being summers right now we didn't get much options to choose from. So another round of shopping will be done in a months time.

I feel a wave of warmth enveloping me up when I think of holding you in my arms. I feel so happy when I imagine you and your bhaiyya bonding with each other.

Grow up well my bachha and come on time :)

(@31 Weeks 3 Days)

No comments:

Post a Comment