Monday, February 21, 2011

My Shona Baby

That's how I have been referring to to you my little baby.

We learned about your presence in our life on February 18, 2011 when I did a home test. Then we got it confirmed by getting a clinical test done followed by a visit to the doc on Saturday morning.




Your papa and bhaiyya were asleep when I took the test. After the two lines appeared I kept holding the stick for good 2 minutes. I was in a kind of a daze. I was nervous. I kept it near the basin and went out to drink a glass of water. I came again and checked to see if its really true and that I'm not dreaming. 


I didn't tell your dad when he woke up. He happened to notice the stick near the basin when he was brushing your bhaiyya's teeth. He came out and asked me whats the result? I just nodded and he hugged me tight. He understood. Few minutes later while I was busy doing the morning chores he came and kissed me on my forehead and hugged me again.


Your big brother doesn't know about it yet and we are planning to tell him about you when we go for the ultrasound in about 10 days. He is going to be very happy as he has been asking us every now and then to have a baby :)

Your bhaiyya, Papa and Mumma are so happy to have you in our life. You have to get nice and healthy inside my tummy and lets see if you come out in our loving arms before the EDD of October 21 or later :)

Your Nanu, Dadi-Dadu, Chachi-Chachu and Bua-Phuphaji are all so excited. You will love to be in such a loving and happy family.

Your Chachi-Chachu are also going to have a little baby just a few weeks before your arrival so you will have company of someone of your own size too. I can already imagine you both talking to each other in your baby talk :)

Love you lots Shona!

No comments:

Post a Comment