Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Main busy hoon!

Its 8:05 PM right now. I had a client call to US today evening and it got over a few minutes ago. So I called up home to tell them I would be starting in 5 minutes. After a lot of rings the phone was finally answered by none other than his highness Anirudh. This is how our conversation went:

Betu: Hello?

Me: Betu kya kar raha hai?

Betu: Yeh to Mumma hain.

Me: Aap kya kar rahe ho?

Betu: Main to bas game khel raha hoon? Main aapse thodi der mein baat karunga. Main abhi busy hoon. Ok bye.

He didn't even give me a chance to say another word and was about to put the phone down when I could hear hubby telling to give the phone.

Yes Betu, You are a big busy guy already! But please do take out time for old haggard Mumma too!

12 comments:

  1. hahaha...
    "I like his attitude" :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwwww...hugs for the poor mumma. I felt this way, too, when popol shut the dooe firmly behind me one day. Even though he was just playing peek-a-boo, i felt it was a sign of things to come. Sigh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww ... Sucks! Thats tough ... On the other hand he sounds so polite!!! Such a cutie pie! Arr sorry! Handsome! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This post has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh! hugs to you...i'm dreading that moment. keep telling myself that it'll happen somewhere in the next year or two. sigh!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Most days when I return from work, Ansh runs up to me, leaving whatever I am doing & gives me a big hug. However, amybe once a month, he'll just look up & say hi & continue doing what he is doing. I feel so hurt at those time. I amm glad those times are few & far between.
    So, I know how u must have felt.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohhh...I sympathize. What will happen to me when aryan wont have time for me..bhwaaah

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh the lil ones!
    The slideshow pics are awesome.
    The pic in my blog is that of my neice. She's getting better now. My nephew's an 8 year old brat and I've been a babysitter and nanny too often. Simply love their style of winning hearts :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. I actually didn't feel upset but laughed at the usage of words "Main busy hoon!" just like we adults say.

    But I guess the kids these days mature up quite fast and need their own space and need to be treated like adults too! :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ahh..the busy bee is too good..
    AM

    ReplyDelete
  11. :)

    its impossible to stop reading your blog once started!

    anirudh is SUCH an engaging kid!!

    awesome!

    ReplyDelete